Diabetes Patients, Here Are The 10 Reasons Sweet Potatoes Are Beneficial For You
Although sweet potatoes are quite similar to the regular potatoes, they differ in taste, family origin, sweetness, and appearance from the regular ones. The commonest types of sweet potatoes are those that have yellow-orange color and white cream. In Japan, they have even a purple flesh. Sweet potatoes are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that provide numerous health benefits.
So, take a look at the following 10 reasons why you should start eating sweet potatoes and treat some of your health issues:
1. Sweet potatoes regulate the sugar levels in the blood and at the same time, they control the insulin resistance.
2. The high content of fiber stimulates detoxification and healthy digestion.
3. Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene that works as an antioxidant which prevents gout, arthritis, and asthma.
4. The water from the boiled potatoes treats skin impurities, soothes skin irritations, and cleanse the pores.
5. Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A that promotes the regeneration of the respiratory systemin smokers.
6. Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin C that is of a vital importance for various body functions.
7. Sweet potatoes have potassium that lowers the sodium effects and supports the health of the heart. It balances the electrolytes and regulates blood pressure.
8. They are high in vitamin D that gives the body energy and strengthens the heart, skin, bones, and teeth.
9. They are high in folic acid that is vital for the development of fetus.
10. Potassium that can be found in sweet potatoes improves the health of the muscle tissues. It reduces cramps and swellings and regulates the heartbeat too.